Atkinson Family Practice and AFP NOHO closed in the morning for a staff meeting
Tomorrow’s hours on July 9th, 2019 will be from 1:30 p.m. until 7 p.m in Amherst and 5 p.m. in Northampton due to a staff meeting in the morning. We will resume normal business hours on July 10th, 2019. Thank you for understanding.
Latest Happenings at AFP
A Sleep Class – For Your Baby!
Functional Medicine: We’ve Expanded!
Since we received such positive responses from our first session, we decided to make our baby sleep class ongoing!
Are you a parent of a young one or expecting?
- This sleep class is designed for parents/guardians and babies age 0-12 months.
- The classes are taught by Wendy Chabot, M.D. a pediatrician, health and wellness coach, and instructor of mindfulness based stress reduction.
- You will learn important lifelong skills to help your child develop healthy sleep habits.
A Sleep Class for your Baby is a shared medical appointment. Most insurances cover the cost and there is no co-pay. The class will be offered every three months - upcoming dates have not been determined yet. We will update this website and our Facebook page when dates are set.
Please call (413-549-8400) or email (email@example.com) our office to schedule
Are you interested in a science-based approach to wellness that utilizes the body's natural healing mechanisms?
Then you might want to try a Functional Medicine consult!
Functional Medicine is a customized and comprehensive approach to wellness that is scientifically based, addressing your health concerns by supporting your body's natural healing mechanisms on a cellular level. Functional Medicine uses the latest understanding in genetic research, optimizes the body's metabolic pathways, and addresses the underlying dysfunctions of the body that lead to symptoms and disease. At AFP, we take the time it takes to:
- Review extensive life history through the use of labs, questionnaire, conversation, and medical records
- Review existing labs and order in-depth labs to assess current biochemical status
- Create a comprehensive and rich plan
- Identify triggers and mediating events
- Find the correct path to wellness without taking shortcuts
- Work within insurance so that all patients benefit (most Functional Medicine clinics are cash only)
The Functional Medicine journey can take anywhere from 6-24 months. The Functional Medicine program at AFP addresses deep, complex imbalances that have developed over a lifetime, so developing a plan requires multiple visits. Improvements are subtle, and take time. Lab results are discussed in-depth and in-person; There is simply too much information to convey over the phone!
Interested in learning more, or scheduling your first Functional Medicine appointment? Call the Front Desk at (413) 549-8400 today!
Xymogen and Moss Nutrition– Please call the Office at (413) 549-8400 to ask your provider for access to Xymogen and Moss Nutrition products
We’re trying to make ordering supplements easier and more efficient! Use the links above to order the supplements recommended for you. If you need specific supplement recommendations, please meet with your provider.